Germann Law Office is a boutique legal firm specialising in
franchising, licensing and the sale and purchase of businesses.
is a member of the Franchise Association of New Zealand (FANZ),
the Franchise Council of Australia Limited and the International
Franchise Lawyers Association (IFLA).
Stewart Germann has a proven track record in New Zealand
and overseas which includes the following:
- First franchisor client in 1980.
- Instrumental in the formation of the Franchise Association
of New Zealand in 1996.
- Wrote the original rules for the Franchise Association of New Zealand.
- Board Member of the New Zealand Franchise Association for
- Chairman of the Franchise Association of New Zealand
from 1997 to 1999.
- Elected to the Board of the Supplier Forum of the International
Franchise Association (IFA) in 2001 (first person from
outside the USA and Canada) and re-elected in 2004 for a further
3 year term.
- Included in the International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers.
- Speaker on franchising law at conferences in New Zealand,
Australia and the USA.
- World Franchise Council Representative from 1997 to 1999.
- Speaker in the UK on franchising on behalf of the British
- Actively involved in international franchising.
- Published many articles in International Franchise Journals.
- Notary Public for life and able to witness documents for
use in overseas jurisdictions.
In relation to business law Stewart Germann has revised the chapter
in the Legal Practice Manual on agreements for sale and purchase
of businesses for the Auckland District Law Society and he is
the author of the Sale of Business chapter in the Laws of New
Zealand as published by Butterworths.
Stewart has presented papers at many franchise conferences in New Zealand, Australia and the USA.
Harshad Shiba advises on a wide range of commercial law including the following:
- Has advised many of New Zealand's leading franchise brands.
- Establishment of new franchise/licence systems.
- Advising franchisees prior to entering a system, with disputes and exiting systems.
- Assisting franchisors with all manner of commercial legal requirements.
- Negotiating and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts (e.g. supply agreements, terms of trade, confidentiality agreements, etc).
- Close party agreements (shareholders agreements, limited partnerships, etc).
- Sale and purchase of businesses and assets.